After traveling for many years and blogging for a few. I have decided on 23 hard and fast Travel and Blogging Truths.
1. Sometimes I wake up in a new destination not knowing what I am going to do or where I will go today.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during the boarding process you realize you will be sitting next to the weird guy for the 18 hour flight.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for sarcasm when dealing with bureaucrats.
5. How the **** do the flight attendants coordinate clogging up the aisles with food carts just when I need to pee?
6. Is banning fingernail clippers and tweezers on flights really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I’m pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Airport Security lines would be a lot more interesting if we could make them take their shoes and belts off and pat them down.
9. I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind-of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don’t want to have to restart my collection…again.
13. I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page document that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
15. I think airline executives should be forced to travel in Economy.
16. I think we should stop hiring TSA Agents from companies with the lowest bid.
17. I wish Google Maps had an “Avoid Ghetto” routing option.
18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
19. How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said?
20. I don’t understand why 300 people rush the boarding gate, shoving people out of the way, when they know the plane isn’t leaving until they get on board.
21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
22. Why is it that no matter when I check in, my bags are always the last to arrive on the carousel?
23. The first commercial flight occurred January 1, 1914, and took place between St. Petersburg and Tampa Florida USA. Ninety-Eight years later the customer service is worse, the airlines more apathetic and the indifference towards customers at an all-time low. The only institution more detached from the average person is the US Congress.
Any you care to add?